La Vita Spuntini - Byres Road

 

Hi again! This will be my final blog post so I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to read my posts! I really appreciate all the likes, comments and I really hope you’ve enjoyed them! 

For my last blog I will be rating a Glasgow favourite - La Vita Spuntini. 

La Vita Spuntini is part of the La Vita group which has 6 Italian restaurants in and around Glasgow. Eating together as a family is a very long-standing tradition in Italy and usually, the meal is shared by several small or big dishes. La Vita Spuntini may be the only Italian restaurant to bring this concept to Glasgow. 

I visited La Vita Spuntini in Byres Road. The location was great as it was within walking distance of Hillhead Subway Station and had a small car park across the road and limited on street parking. 

The restaurant was beautifully decorated and extremely clean. It has a candlelit atmosphere and an intimate ambiance. There was an open kitchen, which allowed you to see the food being prepared whilst you waited for your meal. However, we didn’t notice this until we were leaving as we were seated upstairs, but the surroundings were lovely, perfect for a romantic meal or a dinner with friends. 



I found the menu a little overwhelming as there are so many options. Also, the font of the menu wasn’t easy to read which isn’t ideal for customers who find it difficult to read. You could order several smaller dishes, or you could order a normal sized main meal if you’d prefer. I was looking to order a small pasta but there was only the option for a main pasta dish to share or a small spaghetti bolognese, so I went without although we later found out you can order smaller basic pasta’s but they’re not displayed on the menu. 

My friend and I ordered 3 portions each and although they were smaller they were still a good size. All the food was so delicious. I ordered the Patate Arrosto (roast potatoes with herbs tossed in a garlic Napoli sauce), Mozzarella fritta (Fresh Fiori di Latte mozzarella direct from Italy coated with Panko breadcrumbs, served with spicy arrabiata dip) and a Margherita Pizza. I must admit – it was so weird seeing an authentic Neapolitan Pizza so small but it turned out to be surprisingly filling and really good. I regret ordering the Patate Arrosto as I feel there wasn’t a lot of effort into the preparation of the dish. I wish I had went for a pasta option instead. Looking back on the menu, there are so many other options I wish I had tried but I suppose that’s just another excuse to go back! 




It was overall a lovely meal, and I would go back as the food was delicious, but I’d definitely order something a bit more adventurous next time! 



If La Vita Spuntini has interested you, you can book a table here: https://lavitapizzeria.co.uk/spuntini-byres/

Please let me know how you find the food and if it was worth the visit!! 

Comments

  1. Food looks amazing! Will definitely be going there for a meal soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts